Sunday 21 March 2010

Non - Format

Non - Format, I did find some interesting work while researching them, they use alot of interesting geometric shapes with nice contrasting colours, they focus alot on typography, and it works really well, it makes me want to create some typography now. I'm still on a quest to create interesting illustrations using simple shapes alone, and I think looking at Non-Format helped with showing me some interesting ways to use shapes and also showed me some nice variety of shapes alone.
I'm not sure why this is in my research, at the time it seemed to stand out to me, I do like the typography and the simplicity of it.

A piece done for IBM, I like the interesting shapes that are going on, the colours work really well,
could say it's random and non relevant to my initial main FMP idea, but I was considering doing a series of art posters based on images like this.

The simplicity is something I enjoy, I also find the shapes interesting and the concept behind the piece is nice. The typography is cleverly placed and blends in well with the concept.

I really like the use of typography in this piece, I also like the limited use of colours, they contrast really well. Though it has little to do with the style I'm trying to go for, it still has a simple feeling going for it which I do enjoy because I do believe in 'Less is More'.

No comments:

Post a Comment