Sunday 21 March 2010

Suprematism

Suprematism, a small art movement that lasted only a year (1915-1916) and was established in Russia by a man named Kasimir Malevich. It all started here, shapes having their own art form, and till this day is being used by almost all designers. I enjoy all the work done by Malevich, I wouldn't go and say that the work is simple, it to me seems very technical with the use of geometric shapes being done traditionally. Not like today where we have the choice of clicking one button to give us shapes, I like the feeling the traditional shapes give off, with the almost straight lines and the texture feeling to them it works really nicely. Deffinatly an inspiration to me and the illustrations I try to create.





1 comment:

  1. This is some really informative research dude, I never knew about this movement. Glad to say I learned something new today! Looks very familiar to a movement we have looked at before, but cant remember the name. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete